An ideal choice if you prefer the flexibility of studying remotely and gaining a Masters qualification by distance learning. Each on this MSc in Astrophysics module at Liverpool John Moores University provides the opportunity to explore current literature, with support from experienced tutors, all of whom are engaged in cutting-edge astrophysical research.Many of the research topics are observational studies, which can be supported by access to the Liverpool Telescope, a two metre aperture research-quality robotic telescope, sited on La Palma in the Canary Islands.
The robotic nature of the telescope means that you do not travel to the telescope, but interact with it via a computer interface, giving unrivalled flexibility for studying rapidly changing objects in the night sky. This course is an excellent way to specialise and further your academic career in the exciting and dynamic astrophysics field.
- Our applied learning techniques and strong industry connections ensure our students are fully prepared for the workplace on graduation and understand how to apply their knowledge in a real world context.
- This Astrophysics MSc programme is particularly focussed on preparing you for a research career in astronomy, astrophysics, space science or related disciplines.
- In these areas, entry to top-level research is almost always via the PhD route, and it is anticipated that most of the students taking this MSc will be interested in further study at PhD level and beyond.
- The ARI has a long-standing and healthy PhD programme and we are well-placed to help you in applying for PhD places on our own programme and in other institutions worldwide.
- Astrophysical Concepts
- Astronomical Techniques
- Astrophysics Project
- Numerical Methods in Astrophysics
- Time-Domain Astrophysics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhysics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 8 other Masters in Physics in United Kingdom
- a good knowledge of basic physics at degree level, and competence in mathematical techniques including calculus, differential equations and complex numbers
- a satisfactory reference from your employer or line manager
- As this is a Distance Learning programme the usual rules in terms of UK Visas and Immigration restrictions to full-time study do not apply
National4410 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49 GBP per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.