The Counseling (with an Emphasis in Animo - Latinx Counseling) will provide trainees course curriculum that: meets requirements to pursue licensure as Professional Clinical Counselors and Marriage and Family therapists in California; is grounded in nationally-approved competencies (Council for Accreditation for Counseling and Related-Educational Programs, CACREP, and the American Counseling Association, ACA) and; focuses on developing self-awareness as a bilingual and bicultural counselor, knowledge of Latinx-cultures and therapeutic-Spanish, and familiarity with interventions appropriate to Latinx and Spanish-speaking clients.
Learning is preeminent at California State University Fullerton. We aspire to combine the best qualities of teaching and research universities where actively engaged students, faculty and staff work in close collaboration to expand knowledge.
We are a comprehensive, regional university with a global outlook, located in Orange County, a technologically rich and culturally vibrant area of metropolitan Los Angeles. Our expertise and diversity serve as a distinctive resource and catalyst for partnerships with public and private organizations. We strive to be a center of activity essential to the intellectual, cultural and economic development of our region.
- To ensure the preeminence of learning
- To provide high-quality programs that meet the evolving needs of our students, community and region
- To enhance scholarly and creative activity
- To make collaboration integral to our activities
- To create an environment where all students have the opportunity to succeed
- To increase external support for university programs and priorities
- To expand connections and partnerships with our region
- To strengthen institutional effectiveness, collegial governance and our sense of community
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Career and Lifestyle Development
- Pre-Practicum for Animo Emphasis
- Human Development and Functioning
- Modes of Individual Counseling
- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning for Ánimo Emphasis
- Counseling and Culture
- Child and Adolescent Counseling
- Psychopharmacology for Counselors
- Professional, Ethical and Legal Issues in Counseling
- Systems of Family Counseling for Ánimo Emphasis
- Groups: Process and Practice
- Practicum for Animo Emphasis
- Addictions Counseling
- Crisis Intervention and Trauma Treatment
- Appraisal in Counseling
- Counseling Couples
- Advanced Practicum for Animo Emphasis
- Advanced Counseling Techniques
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Counselling View 906 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Counseling Theories (a course that surveys the major theoretical frameworks in counseling and psychotherapy);
- Abnormal Psychology or Psychopathology;
- Human Development or Developmental Psychology; and
- Research Methods or Statistics. At least two of the four prerequisite courses must be completed prior to the time of entrance into the program. Admission is not based on any single factor, but on a composite assessment of all factors and is at the sole discretion of the Counseling Department’s Admissions Committee.
International15457 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15457 USD per year during 24 months.
National10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Fullerton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.