Through a theory-based and applications-oriented program, students of the Student Affairs in Higher Education from Western Kentucky University gain skills and competencies necessary to succeed in a variety of student affairs and post-secondary settings. Program content covers three broad areas: theoretical foundations, professional practice, and administrative effectiveness. Students are provided opportunities to focus on specific student affairs functions that are consistent with their interests.
All students must pass a final comprehensive examination. Comprehensive examinations are given in the fall, spring, and summer semesters. Students must meet the criteria established by the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences in order to be eligible to take the comprehensive examination.
- The College Student Experience
- Student Development in Higher Education
- Counseling Concepts and Applications for Student Affairs Professionals
- Leadership and Administration in Student Affairs
- Research Methods in Student Affairs
- Social and Cultural Diversity in Higher Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Counselling View 4287 other Masters in Education in United States
- Completed applications include various application materials that must be completed by the application deadlines. Application portfolios should reflect thought, attention to detail, and appropriate effort.
- Graduate School Application Form - requirements include a non-refundable application fee and official transcripts
- Statement of Interest
- A background check
- Based on the review of the application portfolio, highly ranked applicants will receive notification of their eligibility for an individual or group interview.
International20013 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 953 USD per credit during 24 months.
National19257 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 917 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State12747 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.