The Secondary Education for Teacher Leaders program at Western Kentucky University is divided into two instructional components. The first component, Professional Education, provides advanced level pedagogy, leadership, and content related to Kentucky Teacher Standards and applicable to all P-12 teachers working in the wide gamut of developmental levels and content areas.
The second component, Specialization, directs the candidate into an individual program in content, pedagogy, and/or areas of professional growth concurrent with the goals of each candidate.
- Environmental Education (KEV)
- Gifted Education Endorsement (KE37)
- Kentucky Computer Technology (KCT)
- Teaching English as a Second Language Endorsement (KE36)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Teacher Leadership
- Curriculum Development
- Classroom Instruction Strategies
- School and Classroom Assessment
- Action Research Design for Teacher Leaders
- Action Research Capstone for Teacher Leaders
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3593 other Masters in Education in United States
- Applicants who are alumni of WKU teacher preparation programs must submit a current, valid teaching certificate or Statement of Eligibility1 for Secondary (Grades 8-12, 5-12, or P-12).
- Applicants with undergraduate degrees from all other accredited universities will be admitted without a qualifying GRE score if they have a minimum 2.75 GPA for all previous coursework (undergraduate and graduate) and a valid teaching certificate for secondary education. A copy of the certificate must be submitted with the application.
- Applicants with undergraduate degrees from all other accredited universities with a GPA lower than 2.75 (undergraduate and graduate) must achieve a GAP score [(GRE-V + GRE-Q) + (GPA x 100)] of 550 or higher.
- Applicants to the MAE program in Secondary Education must hold or be eligible to hold a teaching certificate at the secondary level OR have a valid secondary program on file with the Office of Professional Educator Services.
International953 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 953 USD per credit during 12 months.
National917 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 917 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State607 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.