It prepares persons for service as library media specialists, training development specialists, educational technology specialists, and information service specialists in schools, colleges, public libraries, and private organizations.
The Master of Science degree in Library Media Education at Western Kentucky University is a 30-hour program with a research tool requirement. A fifteen-hour core of courses, a program concentration, plus a research tool are required. Students who seek teacher certification in school library media or educational technology must follow the requirements for teacher certification. Both may be used for the Kentucky Rank II or Rank I salary levels.
- Educational Technology (LMET)
- Library Media (LMLM)
- Special Topics in Educational Technology
- Research Methods
- Research in Exceptional Child Education
- Program Organization and Administration
- Issues in Library Media Education
- Survey of Educational Technology Practices
- Principles of Educational Technology Applications
- Internship in Library Media Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Media Studies & Mass Media View 280 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
- Submission of graduate application to the Graduate School
- Submission of official transcripts of all college work
- Submission of copy of teaching certificate if you are seeking advanced certification in School Librarian and Instructional Computer Technology Endorsement
- A letter of application which should include information about the applicant’s academic and career background, professional goals and interests, and other information relevant to the applicant’s potential for success in the program. If you are not seeking teacher certification, please indicate this in your letter.
- A current resume or vitae
- Two letters of recommendation from professional colleagues or college/university faculty members who can provide information about the applicant’s potential for success in the MS in LME program
- Minimum 3-page original writing sample that demonstrates the applicant’s analytical writing ability.
International28590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 953 USD per credit during 12 months.
National27510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 917 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State18210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.