The Master of Science degree in Library Media Education from Western Kentucky University is a 30-hour program. A 27-hour core of courses and one restricted elective are required. This degree may be used for the Kentucky Rank II or Rank I salary levels.
Students who seek advanced teacher certification must hold teaching certification.Students may complete this program without seeking teacher certification if they intend to seek employment in a setting other than public education (where teacher certification is required). This program does not provide initial teacher certification.
- Program Organization
- Issues in Libraries, Informatics, and Technology in Education
- Survey of Educational Technology Practices
- Principles of Educational Technology Applications
- Organization of Information
- Informatics in Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Library Science Media Studies & Mass Media View 3375 other Masters in Education in United States
- Submission of graduate application to the Graduate School
- Submission of official transcripts of all college work
- Submission of copy of teaching certificate if you are seeking advanced certification in School Librarian and Instructional Computer Technology Endorsement
- GPA of 2.75 in previous program or 3.0 in last 30 hours of previous program.
International28590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 953 USD per credit during 12 months.
National27510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 917 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State18210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.