The Criminal Justice - Social Work (Coordinated Program) program of the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee combines the strengths of two graduate programs and provides students with theoretical and practical exposure to evolving professional practice in the field of criminal justice, or social work with a focus on criminal justice.
The program aims at developing the requisite knowledge base and skills needed for effective practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities involved in the criminal justice system.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Criminological Perspectives
- Administration of Criminal Justice Systems
- Analysis of Criminal Justice Research
- Social Systems and Social Work Practice
- Methods of Social Welfare Research
- Cultural Diversity and Social Work
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Without BSW: 71
- With BSW: 89
DisciplinesSocial Work Criminology View 341 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university in criminal justice, a related social science, or other relevant educational experience.
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.00 (for good-standing admission).
- Applicants with an undergraduate cumulative GPA between 2.75-2.99 may also be considered for admission but must submit satisfactory scores on the verbal and quantitative sections of either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
- Two letters of recommendation from those familiar with applicant’s academic record and suitability for graduate work.
- It is recommended that applicants have completed a research methods course and a statistics course at the undergraduate level prior to beginning the program.
- Official transcripts
- Satisfactory completion of at least 21 semester credits in social and behavior science areas such as psychology, sociology, political science, economics, anthropology, or their equivalent.
International25282 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25282 USD per year during 24 months.
National25282 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25282 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12050 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Milwaukee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.