The Elementary Education for Teacher Leaders program at Western Kentucky University is divided into two instructional components. The first component, Professional Education, provides advanced level pedagogy, leadership, and content related to Kentucky Teacher Standards and applicable to all P-12 teachers working in a wide gamut of developmental levels and content areas.
The second component, Specialization, directs the candidate into an individual program in content, pedagogy, and/or areas of professional growth concurrent with the goals of each candidate.
- Elementary Math Specialist P-5 (KEM)
- Environmental Education (KEV)
- Gifted Education Endorsement (KE37)
- Kentucky Computer Technology (KCT)
- Teaching English as a Second Language Endorsement (KE36)
Western Kentucky University (WKU) prepares students of all backgrounds to be productive, engaged, and socially responsible citizen-leaders of a global society. The University provides research, service and lifelong learning opportunities for its students, faculty, and other constituents. WKU enriches the quality of life for those within its reach.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Teacher Leadership
- Curriculum Development
- Classroom Instruction Strategies
- School and Classroom Assessment
- Action Research Design for Teacher Leaders
- Action Research Capstone for Teacher Leaders
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3509 other Masters in Education in United States
- Applicants who are alumni of WKU teacher preparation programs must submit a current, valid teaching certificate or Statement of Eligibility1 for Elementary (Grades P-5).
- Applicants with undergraduate degrees from all other accredited universities will be admitted without a qualifying GRE score if they have a minimum 2.75 GPA for all previous coursework (undergraduate and graduate) and a valid teaching certificate for elementary education.
- Applicants with undergraduate degrees from all other higher education accredited universities with a GPA lower than 2.75 (undergraduate and graduate) must achieve a GAP score [(GRE-V + GRE-Q) + (GPA x 100)] of 550 or higher.
- Applicants to the MAE program in Elementary Education must hold or be eligible to hold a teaching certificate at the elementary level OR have a valid elementary program on file with the Office of Professional Educator Services.
International953 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 953 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National917 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 917 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State607 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 607 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.