The Child and Family Studies program at Western Kentucky University builds competence in human development, integration of theory into practice, program development, and research—preparing graduates to critically evaluate and synthesize issues related to children, youth, and families. Fieldwork is incorporated in the curriculum.
The department views the family, in all its diverse forms, as the cornerstone of a healthy society.
Students in the Applied Human Sciences department have consistently been awarded top honors by the college and have been awarded not only local, but national and international scholarships and awards for their hard work. Students are well prepared for careers in a wide variety of fields and compete successfully in the global market.
- Professional Development Seminar in Family and Consumer Sciences
- Grant Writing for Child and Family Programs
- Research Methods
- Child Development Theory and Research
- Youth and Family Theory and Research
- Infant and Toddler Development and Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Childhood Studies View 215 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United States
- An overall GPA of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) for all hours earned past the first 60-semester or 90-quarter hours of the baccalaureate degree.
- A 2-3 page letter of professional intent describing professional interests and career goals.
- The letter of professional intent should be a measure of an applicant’s writing style and writing ability and is expected to be well organized, free of typing and grammatical errors, and clearly written. It should have an introduction, clearly stated purpose, and contents that demonstrate the best impression of the applicant’s writing. The letter of professional intent should articulate and demonstrate your specific qualifications for the program of study.
- Three letters of reference from previous instructors, colleagues, or supervisors indicating the applicant’s ability to succeed in graduate classes.
International28590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 953 USD per credit during 12 months.
National27510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 917 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State18210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.