The program builds competence in human development, integration of theory into practice, program development, and research—preparing graduates to critically evaluate and synthesize issues related to children, youth, and families. Fieldwork is incorporated in the curriculum.
The department views the family, in all its diverse forms, as the cornerstone of a healthy society.
Our mission is to improve the well-being of the family through programs that educate, influence public policy, and help families put research-based knowledge to work in their lives.
Our vision is to be recognized as preparing the best-qualified graduates in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Our focus is on preparing students for living, learning, and leading in their communities and career endeavors
More informationVisit official programme website
- Professional Development Seminar in Family and Consumer Sciences
- Grant Writing for Child and Family Programs
- Research Methods
- Child Development Theory and Research
- Youth and Family Theory and Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science View 158 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United States
- Application and Fee: Submit an application with a $95 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university;
- Original copy/copies of transcripts/marksheets in English for evaluation by the Graduate School (must be supplied by the institution)
- Transcripts are evaluatedby the Graduate School
- NOTE: any international transfer work requires an external evaluation by a NACES member institution; students are responsible for having this evaluation completed (only needed if the students wants to transfer graduate credit from a non-US institution)
International962 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 962 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National899 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 899 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State607 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 607 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.