The Child and Family Studies program at Western Kentucky University builds competence in human development, integration of theory into practice, program development, and research—preparing graduates to critically evaluate and synthesize issues related to children, youth, and families. Fieldwork is incorporated in the curriculum.
The department views the family, in all its diverse forms, as the cornerstone of a healthy society.
Our mission is to improve the well-being of the family through programs that educate, influence public policy, and help families put research-based knowledge to work in their lives.
Our vision is to be recognized as preparing the best-qualified graduates in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Our focus is on preparing students for living, learning, and leading in their communities and career endeavors
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Development Seminar in Family and Consumer Sciences
- Grant Writing for Child and Family Programs
- Research Methods
- Child Development Theory and Research
- Youth and Family Theory and Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science View 166 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United States
- An overall GPA of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) for all hours earned past the first 60-semester or 90-quarter hours of the baccalaureate degree.
- A 2-3 page letter of professional intent describing professional interests and career goals.
- The letter of professional intent should be a measure of an applicant’s writing style and writing ability and is expected to be well organized, free of typing and grammatical errors, and clearly written. It should have an introduction, clearly stated purpose, and contents that demonstrate the best impression of the applicant’s writing. The letter of professional intent should articulate and demonstrate your specific qualifications for the program of study.
International953 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 953 USD per credit during 12 months.
National917 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 917 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State607 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.