The Education (with a Concentration in Secondary Education and an Emphasis in Teaching Foundational Mathematics) is a collaborative effort with the Department of Mathematics and is designed to help experienced teachers of mathematics upgrade their skills, become informed about new ideas in secondary teaching and prepare for curriculum leadership roles in public and private schools.
Learning is preeminent at California State University Fullerton. We aspire to combine the best qualities of teaching and research universities where actively engaged students, faculty and staff work in close collaboration to expand knowledge.
We are a comprehensive, regional university with a global outlook, located in Orange County, a technologically rich and culturally vibrant area of metropolitan Los Angeles. Our expertise and diversity serve as a distinctive resource and catalyst for partnerships with public and private organizations. We strive to be a center of activity essential to the intellectual, cultural and economic development of our region.
- To ensure the preeminence of learning
- To provide high-quality programs that meet the evolving needs of our students, community and region
- To enhance scholarly and creative activity
- To make collaboration integral to our activities
- To create an environment where all students have the opportunity to succeed
- To increase external support for university programs and priorities
- To expand connections and partnerships with our region
- To strengthen institutional effectiveness, collegial governance and our sense of community
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Graduate Studies
- Advanced Proficiency in Educational Technologies
- Graduate Studies in Secondary School Writing
- Graduate Studies in Mathematics Education
- Survey of Educational Research
- Curriculum Theory and Development
- Professional Seminar in Secondary Teaching
- Teaching Problem Solving in Middle School Mathematics
- Fundamental Concepts of Middle School Mathematics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1607 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- An approved major;
- Grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 on previous academic and related work;
- Proof of a current teaching credential;
- Current professional resume;
- A 500-word statement of purpose outlining your interest in the Secondary Education Master’s Program (e.g., any areas of special interest or emphasis you plan to pursue as a graduate student, a brief description of your current teaching position or anything else that would facilitate an informed decision on your application); and
- Two or more letters of recommendation that address your aptitude for graduate study including your teaching skills as well as your academic preparation. Grade-point average (GPA) deficiencies may be removed by a demonstration of competency in the graduate program.
International15457 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15457 USD per year during 12 months.
National10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Fullerton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.