The mission of the Education (with a Concentration in Secondary Education) is to develop quality secondary school teachers. We are committed to providing a program that reflects the complex contexts of the secondary classroom, and models a professional community where learning is interactive and dynamic.
Our philosophy is to prepare educational leaders through a course of study that bases practice upon knowledge of current research in curriculum and instruction. We develop students as life-long learners, reflective practitioners and change agents who positively influence decision-making in schools and communities to improve the education of adolescents.
Learning is preeminent at California State University Fullerton. We aspire to combine the best qualities of teaching and research universities where actively engaged students, faculty and staff work in close collaboration to expand knowledge.
We are a comprehensive, regional university with a global outlook, located in Orange County, a technologically rich and culturally vibrant area of metropolitan Los Angeles. Our expertise and diversity serve as a distinctive resource and catalyst for partnerships with public and private organizations. We strive to be a center of activity essential to the intellectual, cultural and economic development of our region.
- To ensure the preeminence of learning
- To provide high-quality programs that meet the evolving needs of our students, community and region
- To enhance scholarly and creative activity
- To make collaboration integral to our activities
- To create an environment where all students have the opportunity to succeed
- To increase external support for university programs and priorities
- To expand connections and partnerships with our region
- To strengthen institutional effectiveness, collegial governance and our sense of community
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Proficiency in Educational Technologies
- Graduate Studies in Secondary School Writing
- Family, Community, and Professional Partnerships
- Assessing Student Learning
- Survey of Educational Research
- Curriculum Theory and Development
- Professional Seminar in Secondary Teaching
- Project Seminar
- Advanced Studies Capstone in Secondary Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1476 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- An approved major;
- Grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 on previous academic and related work;
- Proof of a current teaching credential;
- Current professional resume;
- A 500-word statement of purpose outlining your interest in the Secondary Education Master’s Program (e.g., any areas of special interest or emphasis you plan to pursue as a graduate student, a brief description of your current teaching position or anything else that would facilitate an informed decision on your application); and
- Two or more letters of recommendation that address your aptitude for graduate study including your teaching skills as well as your academic preparation. Grade-point average (GPA) deficiencies may be removed by a demonstration of competency in the graduate program.
International15457 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15457 USD per year during 12 months.
National10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Fullerton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.