About this Degree
The graduate Education, Secondary Education Concentration program at California State University Fullerton builds upon teacher preparation in the Single Subject Credential Program. Whereas coursework in the credential program focuses on knowledge and skills necessary for a beginning secondary teacher, the graduate program will allow students to extend their knowledge and deepen their skills in curriculum design, instructional and assessment strategies, integration of technology and reflection skills.
The graduate programs in Secondary Education are delivered in two formats: 1) an online hybrid format, with 49 percent of courses delivered entirely via web-based instruction, and the other courses delivered partially via web-based instruction; 2) a 100 percent online format. The programs begin with a required one-unit prerequisite course.
- Advanced Proficiency in Educational Technologies
- Graduate Studies in Secondary School Writing
- Survey of Educational Research
- Curriculum Theory and Development
- Professional Seminar in Secondary Teaching
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1680 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- An approved major;
- Grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 on previous academic and related work;
- Proof of a current teaching credential;
- Current professional resume;
- A 500-word statement of purpose outlining your interest in the Secondary Education Master’s Program (e.g., any areas of special interest or emphasis you plan to pursue as a graduate student, a brief description of your current teaching position or anything else that would facilitate an informed decision on your application); and
- Two or more letters of recommendation that address your aptitude for graduate study including your teaching skills as well as your academic preparation. Grade-point average (GPA) deficiencies may be removed by a demonstration of competency in the graduate program.
International15457 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15457 USD per year during 12 months.
National10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 12 months.
- If you are not a resident of California, you must add $396.00 per units enrolled to your registration and tuition fees in addition
Living costs for Fullerton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.