Combine the study of law with experience of legal practice in our on-campus law firm alongside practising lawyers.
As a law conversion course, the LLM in Legal Professional Practice from Sheffield Hallam University is the first step towards a career in the legal profession, typically as a solicitor or barrister. With a law degree, you will also be in the top 25% of those who secure graduate jobs in the wider commercial and business sector. This course helps prepares you for a career in a number of fields such as:
- law (solicitor, barrister, paralegal, in-house counsel, in the private or public sector)
- financial services
- management and commerce
- civil service
- local government
- the police
- the Crown Prosecution Service
- Trading Standards
The Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) is approved and accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Business Law And Practice
- Criminal Law And Practice
- Dispute Resolution In Contract
- Dispute Resolution In Tort
- Land, Property Law & Practice
- Legal Professional Practice Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 356 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
- Typically a 2.2 honours degree or above in any subject.
- Students without a 2:2 honours degree from the UK or Republic of Ireland are required to evidence that they meet the academic entrance requirements of the relevant professional body.
- This includes applicants with overseas degrees or mature students without an undergraduate degree.
International14895 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14895 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National8745 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8745 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.