The Education (with a Concentration in Elementary Curriculum and Instruction and an Emphasis in Technology in Education) provides educators, leaders and professionals in various learning environments with the ability to apply critical and informed thinking to professional practice and problem-solving and to use these skills and attributes to become change agents in their schools, communities and other work places. The College prepares students to become active and critical thinkers in order to meet academic requirements related to university learning.
The College of Education is organized into the following departments: Educational Leadership, Elementary and Bilingual Education, Literacy and Reading Education, Secondary Education and Special Education. In addition, there is an Instructional Design and Technology program for graduate students, and a Doctor of Education program.
Learning is preeminent at California State University Fullerton. We aspire to combine the best qualities of teaching and research universities where actively engaged students, faculty and staff work in close collaboration to expand knowledge.
We are a comprehensive, regional university with a global outlook, located in Orange County, a technologically rich and culturally vibrant area of metropolitan Los Angeles. Our expertise and diversity serve as a distinctive resource and catalyst for partnerships with public and private organizations. We strive to be a center of activity essential to the intellectual, cultural and economic development of our region.
- To ensure the preeminence of learning
- To provide high-quality programs that meet the evolving needs of our students, community and region
- To enhance scholarly and creative activity
- To make collaboration integral to our activities
- To create an environment where all students have the opportunity to succeed
- To increase external support for university programs and priorities
- To expand connections and partnerships with our region
- To strengthen institutional effectiveness, collegial governance and our sense of community
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Technology and Problem Solving in Schools
- Web Design for Instruction in Schools
- Distance Education Issues and Trends in Schools
- Reading/Language Arts in the Early Childhood Curriculum
- Graduate Studies in Elementary Education: Integrated Language Arts
- Graduate Studies in Elementary Education: Mathematics
- Graduate Studies in Elementary Education: Science
- Graduate Studies in Elementary Education: Social Studies
- Graduate Studies in Elementary Education: Reading in the Language Arts Program
- Curriculum Theory and Development
- Graduate Studies: Current Issues and Problems
- Elementary Graduate Seminar: Critical Arts Education with/in Urban Communities
- Social Studies, Science and Math in Early Childhood Education
- Graduate Studies in Elementary Education: Science Education Practicum
- Technology Professional Development in Schools
- Culminating Project
- Research Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Early Childhood Education View 514 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or GPA of 3.0 in last 60 units.
- Successful completion of a teacher credential program. For information about obtaining a teaching credential, view our credentials information.
- If an applicant has not completed a credential program, the department will consider equivalent experience in lieu of a credential. If you feel you have equivalent experience, please complete and submit the verification form.
International15457 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15457 USD per year during 12 months.
National10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Fullerton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.