About this Degree
The program at California State University Fullerton focuses on core concepts of equity, educational technology integration, and the 4 Cs (critical thinking, creativity, communication, and collaboration) to prepare preschool through grade 8 teachers to foster and use a student-centered approach to better meet the needs of all their students.
The Education, Elementary Curriculum and Instruction Concentration, Math and Science Emphasis was designed in response to the urgent nationwide call for excellence in mathematics and science teaching at all levels, preschool through grade 8. The emphasis enriches and deepens teachers’ understanding of mathematics and science curriculum and pedagogy, provides the opportunity to promote problem solving specifically through the use of technology, and prepares teachers for leadership roles in their schools and districts in math and science.
- Survey of Educational Research
- Graduate Studies: Learning Theory for Classroom Use
- Curriculum Theory and Development
- Equity, Access and Opportunity for All Learners in Math and Science Education
- Technology and Problem Solving in Schools
- Graduate Studies in Elementary Education: Mathematics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Primary Education Instructional Design View 342 other Masters in Instructional Design in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or GPA of 3.0 in last 60 units.
The application review process allows us to consider experiences, attributes and other academic metrics as well as the value an applicant would contribute to learning and teaching. If you do not currently meet the minimum GPA requirements, we still encourage you to submit an application.
- Successful completion of a teacher credential program. For information about obtaining a Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, view our credentials information.
- If an applicant has not completed a credential program, the department will consider equivalent experience in lieu of a credential.
- No GRE required
International15457 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15457 USD per year during 12 months.
National10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 12 months.
- If you are not a resident of California, you must add $396.00 per units enrolled to your registration and tuition fees in addition
Living costs for Fullerton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.