The Education (with a Concentration in Elementary Curriculum and Instruction and an Emphasis in Social Justice) is designed to meet the needs of educators working in today’s highly culturally and linguistically diverse schools and communities. The program examines education and schooling with a focus on social justice, addressing a broad range of socio-cultural dimensions and historical and current contexts.
Candidates explore and articulate interdisciplinary strategies to create equity and inclusion in their educational settings, particularly with regard to ethnicity/race, class, gender, (dis)ability, sexual orientation, language, nationality and migration status of the university’s students, families, teachers and communities.
Learning is preeminent at California State University Fullerton. We aspire to combine the best qualities of teaching and research universities where actively engaged students, faculty and staff work in close collaboration to expand knowledge.
We are a comprehensive, regional university with a global outlook, located in Orange County, a technologically rich and culturally vibrant area of metropolitan Los Angeles. Our expertise and diversity serve as a distinctive resource and catalyst for partnerships with public and private organizations. We strive to be a center of activity essential to the intellectual, cultural and economic development of our region.
- To ensure the preeminence of learning
- To provide high-quality programs that meet the evolving needs of our students, community and region
- To enhance scholarly and creative activity
- To make collaboration integral to our activities
- To create an environment where all students have the opportunity to succeed
- To increase external support for university programs and priorities
- To expand connections and partnerships with our region
- To strengthen institutional effectiveness, collegial governance and our sense of community
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bilingual Multicultural Curriculum
- Survey of Educational Research
- Reading/Language Arts in the Early Childhood Curriculum
- Graduate Studies: Learning Theory for Classroom Use
- Graduate Studies in Elementary Education: Second Languages
- Graduate Studies in Elementary Education: Integrated Language Arts
- Graduate Studies in Elementary Education: Mathematics
- Graduate Studies in Elementary Education: Science
- Graduate Studies in Elementary Education: Social Studies
- Culture and Education of Latino Students
- Elementary Graduate Seminar: Critical Arts Education with/in Urban Communities
- Social Studies, Science and Math in Early Childhood Education
- Foundations of Education for Social Justice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Sociology Early Childhood Education View 403 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or GPA of 3.0 in last 60 units.
- Successful completion of a teacher credential program. For information about obtaining a teaching credential, view our credentials information.
- If an applicant has not completed a credential program, the department will consider equivalent experience in lieu of a credential. If you feel you have equivalent experience, please complete and submit the verification form.
International15457 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15457 USD per year during 12 months.
National10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Fullerton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.