It helps individuals teach others how to provide experiences in the cultural heritage of the target population and develop specific teaching techniques and methods in teaching reading and English language development.
The Education (with a Concentration in Bilingual and Bicultural Education) program helps individuals teach others how to provide experiences in the cultural heritage of the target population and develop specific teaching techniques and methods in teaching reading and English language development. The program also helps individuals interpret and implement research related to bilingual, bicultural children.
Learning is preeminent at California State University Fullerton. We aspire to combine the best qualities of teaching and research universities where actively engaged students, faculty and staff work in close collaboration to expand knowledge.
We are a comprehensive, regional university with a global outlook, located in Orange County, a technologically rich and culturally vibrant area of metropolitan Los Angeles. Our expertise and diversity serve as a distinctive resource and catalyst for partnerships with public and private organizations. We strive to be a center of activity essential to the intellectual, cultural and economic development of our region.
- To ensure the preeminence of learning
- To provide high-quality programs that meet the evolving needs of our students, community and region
- To enhance scholarly and creative activity
- To make collaboration integral to our activities
- To create an environment where all students have the opportunity to succeed
- To increase external support for university programs and priorities
- To expand connections and partnerships with our region
- To strengthen institutional effectiveness, collegial governance and our sense of community
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bilingual Multicultural Curriculum
- Survey of Educational Research
- Culture and Education of Latino Students
- Current Issues and Problems in Bilingual-Bicultural Education
- Seminar in Contemporary Chicana/o Issues
- Advanced Principles of TESOL: Listening/Speaking Focus
- Advanced Principles of TESOL: Reading/Writing Focus
- Second Language Acquisition
- Curriculum and Program Design for TESOL
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Area & Cultural Studies Languages View 456 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- Basic teaching credential or equivalent experience;
- Approved major (minimum of 24 units upper division or graduate)
- 3.0 grade-point average (GPA) on previous academic and related work
- Language competence (English and Spanish) as determined by satisfactory interviews or coursework;
- Completion of SPAN 466 Credit will be given for previous post baccalaureate studies when possible. Otherwise, well-qualified students may be admitted with limited subject or grade deficiencies, but these deficiencies must be removed.
International15457 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15457 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10764 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10764 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.