On this Ceramics, Glasses and Polymers course from Sheffield Hallam University, you'll undertake a supervised, extensive study on a relevant subject within glasses, materials and polymers. In the Materials and Engineering Research Institute (MERI), you'll benefit from expert tutelage, cutting-edge facilities and a supportive environment.
Previous graduates of this course have gone on to work for
- Diamond Light Source
- Akzo Nobel
- Fisher Scientific
- Sheffield Hallam University
- As this is a research course, most of your work will be carried out independently. You will benefit from the support and expertise of your supervisory team; including a Director of Studies and a second supervisor who have specific interest in your chosen subject area.
- This may include auxetic materials, biomaterials, bullet-proof and abrasion-resistant ceramics, energy reduction in glass manufacture, medical devices, nuclear waste containment and thermoelectric oxides.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Chemistry View 145 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Where English is not your first language, you must also show evidence of English language ability.
- All applicants must submit a completed postgraduate application form including a 1500 word research proposal.
- You are encouraged to find out more about our staff and their current research to inform the development of your research proposal and to ensure it aligns with our research themes.
International14895 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14895 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.