Cal State Fullerton’s College of the Arts is distinguished by its fully-accredited Department of Visual Arts, which provides more intensive study options than most private or public schools on the west coast. The Art (with Concentration in Creative Photography) program is offered by California State University Fullerton.
Fine arts, new media, and design programs provide quality learning to 1,600 undergraduate and graduate students within state of the art studios, classrooms, computer and design labs, and galleries. Off campus, students engage in partnerships and internships with regional studios, artists, and museums; and CSUF art graduates go on to careers within Southern California’s robust creative economies.
Learning is preeminent at California State University Fullerton. We aspire to combine the best qualities of teaching and research universities where actively engaged students, faculty and staff work in close collaboration to expand knowledge.
We are a comprehensive, regional university with a global outlook, located in Orange County, a technologically rich and culturally vibrant area of metropolitan Los Angeles. Our expertise and diversity serve as a distinctive resource and catalyst for partnerships with public and private organizations. We strive to be a center of activity essential to the intellectual, cultural and economic development of our region.
- To ensure the preeminence of learning
- To provide high-quality programs that meet the evolving needs of our students, community and region
- To enhance scholarly and creative activity
- To make collaboration integral to our activities
- To create an environment where all students have the opportunity to succeed
- To increase external support for university programs and priorities
- To expand connections and partnerships with our region
- To strengthen institutional effectiveness, collegial governance and our sense of community
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Seminar in Major Field
- Graphic Design Graduate Seminar
- Graphic Design Thesis
- Graphic Design
- Visual Development and Background Painting
- Exhibition Design
- Landscape Painting and Location Drawing
- Glass Blowing
- Glass Casting
- General Crafts
- Graduate Metals
- Graduate Problems in Sculpture
- Graduate Seminar: Painting and Image Making
- Graduate Studies: The Figure
- Special Topics in Art
- Graduate Problems in Creative Photography
- Graduate Problems: The Digital Studio
- Seminar on the Content and Method of Art History
- Seminar on Selected Topics in Art History
- Graduate Seminar in Creative Photography
- Graduate Problems in Artists' Books
- Graduate Studies in Digital Narrative Illustration
- Graduate Studio Expanded: Other Genre
- Graduate Video Art and the Moving Image
- Selected Topics in Art History
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 298 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Baccalaureate degree in art with the same concentration as the graduate degree objective from an accredited institution, or 24 upper-division units in art, 12 of which must be in the concentration completed with a “B” (3.0) or better in all courses.
- pass the semianual comprehensive portfolio review. The comprehensive portfolio review is an evaluation of the candidate by a committee comprising faculty teaching in the area of concentration. The committee reviews the student’s creative work, statement of purpose, academic and other relevant qualifications. Procedures, dates and appointment times are available through the Art Department Graduate Office
- form a graduate committee
- develop an approved study plan
International15457 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15457 USD per year during 12 months.
National10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 12 months.
Non-Resident Tuition Fee: An additional $396 per unit of enrollment
Living costs for Fullerton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.