About this Degree
The M.F.A. program in Art, Ceramics Concentration at California State University Fullerton provides in-depth study within an approved study plan in the following areas of concentration: ceramics, crafts (including jewelry, woodworking and metalsmithing), creative photography and experimental media, drawing and painting (including printmaking), exhibition design, glass, graphic design, illustration and sculpture.
The study plan must be completed with a “C” (2.0) or better in a courses, an overall “B” (3.0) average or better and “B” (3.0) or better in the concentration. Every graduate student is required to demonstrate writing ability commensurate with the baccalaureate. Two graduate seminars are certified to fulfill this university requirement.
Courses include :
- Theory, Criticism
- Art History
- Studio Area of Concentration
- Studio Electives in Art
- Independent Study - Research
- Studio Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Art History View 837 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at California State University Fullerton and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Baccalaureate degree in art with the same concentration as the graduate degree objective from an accredited institution, or 24 upper-division units in art, 12 of which must be in the concentration completed with a “B” (3.0) or better in all courses.
- pass the semianual comprehensive portfolio review. The comprehensive portfolio review is an evaluation of the candidate by a committee comprising faculty teaching in the area of concentration. The committee reviews the student’s creative work, statement of purpose, academic and other relevant qualifications. Procedures, dates and appointment times are available through the Art Department Graduate Office
- form a graduate committee
- develop an approved study plan
International14304 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7152 USD per semester during 24 months.
National14304 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7152 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Fullerton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.