The Master of Arts in Professional Communication from The University of Alabama Huntsville prepares students to work in communication intensive jobs, including social media management, user experience, advertising, public relations, professional writing, human resources, fundraising, event management, training, and consulting, among other things.
Learning Goals & Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate understanding of the major theoretical concepts and practical applications associated with the study of human communication.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively in presenting ideas orally and in writing.
- Student will demonstrate understanding of the implications of a multicultural world on appropriate and effective forms of communication.
- Students will be able to conduct scientific research ethically and effectively, to interpret statistical information, and to assess its practical import for understanding communication in the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Communication and Culture
- Advanced Communication Theory
- Interpersonal Communication
- Advanced Communication Methods
- Rhetorical Criticism
- 18 months
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Languages Literature View 456 other Masters in Literature in United States
- For admission to the Graduate School, applicants must hold a bachelor's degree, or equivalent, from an approved institution.
- The following minimum requirements are acceptable to the graduate school; individual colleges and/or departments may require higher grade point averages and test scores or additional or more specific requirements.
- See college/departmental sections for specific admissions information
- the applicant is the holder of a graduate degree from an accredited institution;
- the applicant presents evidence of having taken the GRE/MAT over five years ago and hence cannot obtain official scores;
- FE exam may be accepted for some engineering degrees. If available, a candidate must show proof of passing the exam.
International24430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24430 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National24430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24430 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
In-State10632 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10632 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.