What you'll study
This Cancer and Therapeutics Online MSc offered at Queen Mary University of London gives you a thorough grounding in the scientific principles underlying cancer treatment.
You’ll discover how new treatments are developed, evaluated and implemented. By the end of the course you’ll be equipped with a thorough knowledge of cancer biology and pathology, research methodologies, drug development, and regulatory issues.
You’ll have a firm grounding in the use and evaluation of cancer therapies, which will enhance your career prospects in many areas of cancer research, including early phase clinical trials.
You’ll also take a three-month dissertation under the supervision of one of our research experts. This may involve setting up a ‘mock’ clinical trial to gain experience of clinical research and drug development in the cancer setting.
This programme is delivered by the Barts Cancer Institute, a Cancer Research UK centre of excellence and part of the Cancer Research UK City of London Centre.
You’ll leave this programme with the clinical skills and experience necessary to pursue further academic research at PhD or MD level. This programme also provides a strong foundation if you want to work in biotech research, hospital settings or in industry.
Career destinations of past Barts Cancer Institute students include roles in higher education, the NHS and scientific publishing. Our graduates go on to jobs such as:
- clinical trials assistant
- senior clinical trial practitioner
- scientific copy editor
- microbiology analyst
- specialist registrar
- urology resident
- oncology clinical fellow
Each year we retain a proportion of our graduates within the Institute as PhD students, research assistants or clinical trial co-ordinators.
- Research Methods
- Cancer Biology
- Cancer Pharmacology
- Cancer Prevention and Screening
- Drug Development
- Molecular Diagnostics and Therapeutics
- Molecular Targeted Therapies and Immunotherapy for Blood Cancers
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 477 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in a relevant subject such as Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacology, Medicine from a recognised academic institution.
- Applicants with a 2:2 degree will be considered on an individual basis.
- The programme is open to graduate scientists, clinicians and other medical professionals working in healthcare, the pharmaceutical industry or contract research organisations.
International25150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25150 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11850 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.