You’ll gain the essential training you need to pursue a research career. We also ensure you gain strong practical skills: you’ll take a research skills module and complete a three-month laboratory project.
- Taught by the UK’s leading oncology experts – we’re ranked number one for cancer research (REF 2014)
- Part-time option, so you can fit your studies around your other commitments
- Learn the principles and applications of molecular technologies to human disease
- Complete a three-month research laboratory project, embedded in a research team
- An ideal career boost if you want to work in research, biotech or complete a PhD
What you'll study
This Cancer and Molecular Pathology and Genomics MSc offered at Queen Mary University of London will give you a theoretical and practical knowledge of modern molecular technologies as applied to human disease, with a focus on cancer. You’ll also learn how to apply and interpret advanced molecular technologies and use them in pathology.
At the heart of the course is a focus on developing your skills in the laboratory, as well as a variety of other scientific and transferable skills. By studying Cancer and Molecular Pathology and Genomics, you’ll equip yourself with the tools to follow a career in academic research, either in the clinical, pharmaceutical or diagnostic setting.
We’ll keep you at the forefront of research: you’ll be taught by internationally renowned lecturers who produce ground-breaking research in cancer biology, genetics, screening, prevention and therapy, so you’ll stay up to date with the most recent medical advances for preventing and treating cancer more effectively.
This programme is delivered by the Barts Cancer Institute, a Cancer Research UK centre of excellence and part of the Cancer Research UK City of London Centre.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cancer Biology
- Basic Pathology
- Cancer Prevention and Screening
- Genomic Approaches to Cancer
- Molecular Diagnostics and Therapeutics
- Molecular Pathology of Solid Tumours
- Research Methods
- Research Lab Skills
- Lab Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine Genetics View 927 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in a relevant subject such as Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacology, Medicine from a recognised academic institution.
- Applicants with a 2:2 degree will be considered on an individual basis.
- The programme is open to graduate scientists, clinicians and other medical professionals working in healthcare, the pharmaceutical industry or contract research organisations.
International23950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11250 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £5,650
- International: £12,000
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.