What you'll study
This MSc gives you a thorough grounding in the scientific principles underlying oncology. By the end of the course you will:
- have discovered how new treatments are developed, evaluated and implemented
- be equipped with a thorough knowledge of cancer biology and pathology, research methodologies and drug development
- be able to explain the ethics and regulatory framework underlying clinical research
- understand the different uses of radiotherapy, surgical procedures and imaging technologies in the treatment of cancer, and be able to evaluate the associated risks and benefits in given clinical scenarios
- be able to identify and apply the most appropriate research techniques to gather, record, and critically appraise research data.
This will enhance your career prospects in many areas of cancer research.
You’ll be studying in one of the strongest cancer prevention units in Europe – and you’ll be taught by leading experts in the field.
This programme is delivered by the Barts Cancer Institute, a Cancer Research UK centre of excellence and part of the Cancer Research UK City of London Centre.
You’ll leave this Cancer and Clinical Oncology Online PGDip programme at Queen Mary University of London with the clinical skills and experience necessary to pursue further academic research at MSc level. This programme also provides a strong foundation if you want to work in clinical or laboratory research, cancer drug development, or the clinical evaluation of early phase trials.
- Cancer Biology
- Cancer Pharmacology
- Cancer Prevention and Screening
- Drug Development
- Genomic Approaches to Cancer
- Paediatric and Adolescent Oncology
- Research Methods
- 9 months
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 280 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- This course is aimed at clinicians, but will be open to any applicant who meets the entry requirements. For admission to the programme applicants will need either a good medical degree or degree equivalent from a recognised academic institution.
- An appropriate professional qualification or experience will also be considered by the course director and Institute Postgraduate Tutor.
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 9 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 9 months.
- UK: £3,750
- International: £8,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.