The teaching content of Aesthetic Medicine offered at Queen Mary University of London will provide students with a strong scientific background to aesthetic medicine including skin physiology and hair biology. A sound knowledge base will be developed in basic and advanced techniques such as Botox, fillers, dermarollers, lasers and cosmeceuticals.
The importance of evidence-based practice will be developed through critique of aesthetic literature and synthesis of balanced views, impacting on your practice. There will be crucial hands-on training through four clinical days within the two year academic period. Accompanying lectures will help students evaluate their practice and consolidate learning they have been undertaking throughout the year.
This course run by the Barts and the London’s Academic Plastic Surgery Group is based at the Centre for Cutaneous Research (CCR) at the Blizard Institute. The CCR is composed of the academic unit of Dermatology and the Cancer Research UK Skin Tumour Laboratory, and is one of the largest cutaneous research centres in Europe. Hence this group has a strong academic and research background and will be able to provide strong support for students undertaking this programme.
- Cutaneous Physiology, Healing, Scarring and Ageing
- Hair Biology and Hair Treatment
- Non-invasive Techniques
- Laser and Camouflage Techniques
- Medicolegal Practice and Patient Psychology
- Advanced Techniques and Combined Treatments
- Regenerative and Cell-based Applications
- Dissertation in Aesthetic Medicine (MSc only)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Complementary & Alternative Medicine View 31 other Masters in Complementary & Alternative Medicine in United Kingdom
- Completed application form
- Degree transcripts. Please provide a transcript of your degree(s). If you have not yet completed your degree please provide a transcript of your results achieved to date
- Please provide the contact details of two referees on your application, at least one reference must be from an academic referee who is in a position to comment on the standard of your academic work and suitability for postgraduate level study. Where appropriate, a second referee can provide comment on your professional experience.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/ Resume
- Statement of purpose
- IELTS/TOEFL certificate (if applicable)
International8240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8240 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4600 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.