The Education programme at Bishop Grosseteste University is designed to be suitable for busy professionals.
There are five modules of this Masters Course. The course materials are designed to encourage you to interpret the assignments in ways that will adapt to your current professional role and enable you to articulate your personal learning agenda.
The tutors on the Research Education team will help you to formulate key research questions through reading that will extend your thinking and through reflection on your professional context.
Throughout your studies you will be questioning taken-for-granted assumptions about evidence-based practice, exploring the implications for alternatives and sharing the results of your research in order to influence professional practice.
Students are work-based learners who include Head Teachers, NQTs and RQTs from school settings. We have also had students who are Drama Practitioners, Musicians, Artists, Social Workers, FE Lecturers and work-based trainers in the industry. The essential criterion is that your work involves educational intervention and assessment in broad terms.
Careers & Further Study
Many graduates of this course have found their career progression enhanced as a direct or indirect result of following this course. More significantly, they have been directly involved in research education and developed these skills professionally in an educational context.
Through the building of systematic inquiry skills and incisive critical engagement with educational issues, Graduates of the MA in Education have demonstrated that they have enhanced their practice and made a direct impact on their schools as learning communities.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Innovations In Subject Specialism
- Educational Ethnography: Action Research
- Public Policy And Professional Practice
- Research Skills
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation View 830 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- You will need to have obtained, or be predicted to obtain, a good first degree (or equivalent). MA in Education Students need to be working in an educational setting
- All prospective students are required to have an interview with the Programme Leader or a member of the academic team before commencing the course (this includes a telephone interview if needed) and all are welcome to arrange a campus visit before enrolment.
- In addition, all students will need to have an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service. A successful Enhanced Disclosure is required before commencing the course.
EU/EEA1200 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1200 GBP per module and a duration of 36 months.
Per 30 credit module
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.