Based in Bolton One, the University of Bolton’s specially designed sports and health teaching and research centre, this practically-focused Master’s degree aims to help you gain the academic and theoretical knowledge (for evidence-based practice), and professional, vocational and practical skills needed for success in this competitive industry. Our dedicated team of experienced academic practitioners, who have worked at all levels of elite and professional sport, will guide you in an exploration of the science and coaching of strength and conditioning.We'll support you to advance your understanding and make strong links between theory and practice in areas such as biomechanics, physiology, nutrition, coaching and leadership. Our commitment is to helping you develop as a practitioner, informed by the latest research and on-going developments in the sciences of sports and human performance, so that you can become a leader in the field of strength and conditioning.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Biomechanics of Strength and Conditioning
- Training and Adaptation: the Physiology of Sports Performance
- Critical Considerations for Preparation & Planning for Performance
- Contemporary Issues in Strength and Conditioning
- Scientific Enquiry and Data Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 135 other Masters in Sports Management in United Kingdom
- Normally, you should have successfully completed an Honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject (e.g. sport and exercise science, coaching, physiology).
- You should also have relevant vocational experience.
- If you don’t meet the standard entry requirements but have considerable sector-based expertise, we’ll be happy to consider your application.
- You'll be required to attend an interview as part of the application process.
International12450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12450 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5400 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.