The Journalism and mass communications courses offered cultivate strong research, analytical and multimedia skills that shall inevitably prove advantageous to both media professionals and students interested in potentially pursuing doctoral studies.The program also enables students whose undergraduate major may not have been journalism and mass communication to gain a skills- and theory-base for new careers as media professionals.Our curriculum is designed to provide the knowledge and skills needed for modern journalists to tell stories across all platforms in a converged news environment.
- The department at the American University of Central Asia is committed to teaching you the skills and tools of journalism and mass communications to meet the highest standards of the industry, whether in Central Asia or the West.Our courses take place within an intellectually-stimulating, well-resourced learning environment, with strong links to media and communications industries, policy-makers and civil society. Coursework includes cutting-edge topics such as data journalism, data visualization, application development, online design and publishing, coding, media management, gender and media, media research methods and audience analysis.
- You will have access to our worldwide network of media professionals, as well as valuable information in English, opportunities to learn in international organizations and local media agencies, as well as in international seminars, trainings and workshops.You will also have the opportunity to apply for grants and scholarships to support research projects and investigative journalism.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Theories of Mass Communications
- Mass Media Research Methods
- Media Law & Ethics
- Media Management
- International Journalism
- Data Journalism.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official copies of any and all university transcripts / marksheets.
- Copy of passport information pages and for non-Kyrgyz citizens living in Kyrgyzstan, a copy of the Kyrgyz Republic visa page.
- Color photograph (3 x 4 cm – white background)
- Official TOEFL Certificate (paper-based or internet-based)
- 2 recommendation letter from the professors of the university the applicant graduated from.
- Copy of Bachelor’s Degree or Specialist Diploma or if currently enrolled in university, a certificate from institution certifying that an applicant is in the last year.
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume in English which includes work history
- AUCA Admission Application Form 2018
International10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 USD per semester during 24 months.
National10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Bishkek
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.