Completion of the degree leads to development of knowledge and skills across a range of special educational needs and disabilities, promoting competence and confidence in reflective practice, decision making in complex situations and completing independent research. By following this programme, you will develop a systematic understanding of knowledge related to SEND theory and practice.
This Special Educational Needs and Disability programme at Bishop Grosseteste University is designed to develop your in-depth knowledge, understanding and skills in relation to current and changing SEND practice.
The modules will provide you with opportunities to investigate different social and educational contexts, demonstrating the acquisition of advanced knowledge and understanding of key issues relating to SEND.
Careers & Further Study
Following the introduction of the SEND Code of Practice, there are now significantly more organisations that require professionals working, supporting children, and young adults with SEND to have expertise in this area.
As this has raised the profile of working with children and young adults with SEND, many other organisations are increasingly requiring staff in teaching roles to have specialist knowledge in this area, such as those in the leisure industry and sporting organisations. By completing the MA in SEND, you will be better positioned to apply for such posts, demonstrating a range of skills which will support learners with SEND in various settings.
- Exploring and Interpreting SEND
- Learning: Domains and Dimensions
- Raising Achievement: Meeting the Pastoral and Welfare Needs of Children and Young Adults with SEND
- Undertaking Research with Children and Young Adults with SEND
- Understanding Specific Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Impact Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 739 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- Students will normally be graduates or education practitioners with an honours degree at 2:2 or above. Consideration might also be given to accepting students who can demonstrate relevant SEND experience and ability to study at level 6.
- Full-time and part-time students will require the ability to access a work setting providing at least 100 hours of a SEND related work-based experience over the duration of the programme.
International14280 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14280 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7650 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lincoln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.