Outdoor Adventure and Expedition Leadership from Southern Oregon University targets outdoor educators and adventure leaders seeking a high-level graduate program with a strong foundation in theory and experiential learning, and equips students with the interdisciplinary skills required to grasp and develop new concepts, technologies, methods and trends in the outdoor adventure leadership field.
The MOAEL will provide outdoor adventure leaders with the experience, knowledge and tools needed to advance into leadership roles and shape the future of this dynamic field. Above all, students will grasp and embody the concept of the “explorer” mindset: being determined, resilient and inquisitive to meet the demands of an uncertain, complex and ambiguous world
- Recreation Leader or Superintendent
- Recreation Specialist or Supervisor
- Recreation Programmer
- Grade School Outdoor Program Coordinator
- Special Events Planner
- Survival Instructor
- Military Recreation Director
- Director of Parks and Recreation
- Outdoor Retail Manager
- Adventure Photographer and Writer
- Recreation Center Director
- Natural Resources Manager
- Correctional Recreation Director
- Community Recreation/Recreational Sports Director
- Wilderness Therapy Director
- Leisure and Fitness Director for the Elderly
- Wilderness Expedition Director
- Rafting/Mountaineering/Ski Guide
- Adventure Travel and Tour Director
- Resort, Hotel, Motel Manager
- Camp Director
- Reading and Conference
- Outdoor Survival
- Outdoor Adventure Literature
- Adventure Writing and Photography
- Minimal Impact Adventuring
- Adventure Skills Facilitation
- Environmental Physiology
- Experiential Leadership Development
- Swiftwater Rescue Technician Level
- Technical Rope Rescue
- Swiftwater Rescue Technician Advanced
- Outdoor Pursuits Field Experience
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLeadership View 466 other Masters in Leadership in United States
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution
- Official copy of academic transcripts and minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) on last 90 credits;
- Three letters of recommendation that specifically evaluate academic and/or professional skills and abilities to pursue graduate studies in the adventure programing discipline;
- Personal statement (1000 words maximum) describing the nature of the student’s interest in OAEL, their teaching and guiding philosophy, academic and work objectives, and how the Master in OAEL will help the student fulfill those interests and objectives.
- Submission of copies of all professional, state, national, and international certifications and certificates
- Submit official transcripts from your prior universities, including an English-language version.
- English Proficiency exam
International7116 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3558 USD per semester during 24 months.
National7116 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3558 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State5892 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2946 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.