Tracks in Environmental Science:
- The Atmospheric Sciences Track at The Cyprus Institute addresses the basic physical processes involved in maintaining the global circulation of the atmosphere and the surface climate; weather and climate models to understand the governing physical principles and their use for climate and weather prediction purposes; the principles of atmospheric chemistry and biology; the factors controlling air quality and the techniques used for air pollution control; the major air pollution sources and methods for measurement, data collection and analysis of atmospheric samples.
- The Meteorology Track addresses subjects in Meteorology and Climatology with the aim to equip students with the weather and climate knowledge and skills necessary in weather forecasting, agrometeorology, hydrometeorology, biometeorology, aviation meteorology, renewable energy resources, marine meteorology, climate change and its impacts assessment etc. Moreover, students complete a Basic Instruction Package as required by the World Meteorological Organization, including Physical Meteorology, Dynamic Meteorology, Synoptic and Mesoscale Meteorology and Climatology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Atmospheric Physics and Meteorology
- Atmospheric Chemistry and Biology (AST)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized accredited academic institution, with a strong background in natural sciences, mathematics or engineering.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic Degrees and Official Transcripts
- English Language Certificates
- Other Certificates
- Applicants may upload up to 4 additional certificates that they feel are relevant in the Other Certificates section of the application
- Statement of Intent. Your statement of intent should be 500-1000 words.
- References: Applicants will be asked to provide the names of at least two references (professors, supervisors, employers, or others able to comment on your academic performance and suitability for graduate studies).
International5400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5400 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5400 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.