Whatever sector you currently work in, this Master of Business Administration (Top Up) qualification offered by the University of Bolton is designed to help you understand the problems and challenges facing all enterprises and organisations – and identify potential solutions. Offered as a full-time course over two trimesters, which is less than a full calendar year, you’ll have the opportunity to develop vital skills that can be applied in almost any business.
Areas covered include building a thorough knowledge of an organisation and its leadership; developing creative and systematic approaches to underlying business issues; and understanding how business and management practices can be improved. Throughout the course, you’ll have the opportunity to cultivate your intellectual capabilities of research, critique, synthesis and innovation, culminating in a Master’s level dissertation.
We aim to maximise your learning by employing a variety of teaching methods, including lectures, workshops, group tutorials, individual tuition and guest speakers. By tutoring you in strategic thinking skills, the course will give you the opportunity to develop the sought-after analytical and critical competencies that prestigious employers in today’s global economy value so highly.
A wide range of employers - financial institutions, technology companies, blue-chip companies and SMEs - recruit MBA graduates. Employers look favourably on MBAs because studying for this qualification promotes knowledge and skills that are applicable to any organisation (regardless of the sector). The universal appeal stems from the MBA's focus on collective business principles. Popular options for MBA graduates include human resource management, investment banking, management consultancy, marketing and supply chain management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The modules listed below may be a mixture of compulsory and optional. You may not have the opportunity to study all the modules shown as part of the course.
- Strategic Management
- Research Methods and Academic Skills
- Dissertation II
- This course aims to develop your critical knowledge of organisations, their management and the complex business issues they face.
- You’ll have the chance to apply research and analysis skills, culminating in a Master’s level dissertation.
- An intensive Research Methods and Study Skills module is designed to prepare you for writing your dissertation.
- Teaching is conducted by a highly-dedicated team, with specialist knowledge in a wide range of subject areas and close links to business and industry.
- Course materials are available online, allowing you to prepare work at home and ensuring in-class learning is highly interactive.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Business Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 641 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must have both of the following: significant work experience in a business or management capacity; and a HE Level 7 qualification with at least 100 credits (minimum) in a relevant subject (for instance, Postgraduate Diploma in Management, Edexcel DMS, ABE Level 7 Extended Diploma).
- You may be required to attend an interview and/or provide a portfolio of work.
- When applying you must include a reference from your current employer. The reference should clearly state how long you have been employed by them and give a breakdown of your job content and roles and responsibilities.
- Your application form will need to be accompanied by a reflective overview of the managerial responsibilities you have undertaken to date.
International7950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA4000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.