In the master's degree programme Environmental System Sciences - Climate Change and Environmental Technology offered at Graz University of Technology (TU Graz), you will improve your knowledge and skills in various areas of environmental systems science, placing a focus on climate change and environmental technology. You learn to recognize and evaluate the effects of human behaviour on the environment and climate and develop appropriate solutions. You develop strategies and measures for environmental and climate protection and channel societal concerns into innovative and sustainable environmental technologies.
- You deepen your knowledge in the fields of climate and climate change, environmental management, environmental and energy technology, as well as systems sciences.
- You deal with geoscientific processes, ecological process design and environmentally relevant technological developments.
- You deepen your understanding of methods of physical and chemical analysis and acquire basic knowledge in programming algorithms.
- You investigate scientific and technological aspects of climate change.
- You learn about sustainable systems and renewable energy.
- You investigate sustainable environmental technologies.
- You learn more about the use of modern environmental technology and how to evaluate expected changes in environmental technology.
- You become familiar with the legal foundations, regulations and controlling in the environmental field.
- You interrelate knowledge from technical and scientific disciplines and use your acquired skills and knowledge responsibly.
- You work on solutions to problems arising at the interface of societal concerns and technical possibilities.
- You gain practical experience by conducting innovative, research-oriented activities in interdisciplinary teams.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Interdisciplinary Practice
- System Sciences
- Climate and Environment
- Applied Clean Technology
- Ecological Process Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Sciences View 7 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
According to the curriculum, graduates of the following bachelor’s degree programmes offered at TU Graz and University of Graz will be accepted without an admission procedure:without stipulations:
- Environmental Systems Sciences / Natural Sciences-Technology with stipulations according to the curriculum:
- Chemical and Process Engineering
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- 363.36 Euro in the general admission period
- 399.70 Euro in the additional admission period
- 726.72 Euro for non-EU foreign nationals
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.