The Stirling Centre for International Publishing and Communication programme at the University of Stirling is a world-leading centre for postgraduate publishing studies, offering a comprehensive and coherent approach to all forms of publishing.
You’ll develop expert knowledge of the entire publishing process in both print and digital environments – from planning, editing and production, to marketing and publication management.
We update the content of this course every year to reflect the rapid changes that transform the industry, so you’ll graduate with cutting-edge skills and knowledge of current publishing industry practice and standards.
The Publishing Studies programme offered by the University of Stirling is demanding, stimulating and enjoyable – which is why many publishers now consider it equivalent to a year’s worth of experience at a publishing company.
Our graduates occupy senior positions in both commercial and not-for-profit publication organisations across the world.
This Masters course is designed to lead directly into publishing and publishing-related careers, offering you the expert skills, knowledge and networks you’ll need to succeed.
The course also offers excellent employability prospects, and we have over 30 years’ worth of graduates now working in the publishing and related industries across the world.
Entry level jobs our students have gone into in recent years include:
- Publicity Assistant, Canongate
- Publicity Assistant, Faber and Faber
- Marketing Assistant, Taylor and Francis
- Events and Marketing Assistant, The Bookseller
- Sales and Marketing Assistant, McGraw Hill
- Production Assistant, Oxford University Press
- Editorial Assistant, Oxford University Press
- Production Editor, Cicerone Press
- Publishing Assistant, Cengage Learning
- Web editor, Digital Publishing Department, China Social Sciences Press
- Foreign Rights Specialist, Suncolor Publishing Group
- Web Editor, BooksfromScotland.com
Some of our alumni who have worked in the publishing industry have gone onto the following job roles:
- Group Sales Director and President (Asia Region), Taylor and Francis
- Higher Education Texts and eBook
- Sales Manager, Taylor and Francis (Asia Pacific)
- Director, World Book Day
- Production Editor, Taylor and Francis
- Founder and Publisher, Tapsalteerie and Lumphanan Press
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mass Media Research Methods
- Publishing Project
- Publishing, Literature and Society
- Digital Publishing: Theory and Practice
- Skills for Publishing Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 27 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Literature Journalism View 349 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of a second class honours degree (2.1 preferred) or equivalent in a relevant subject. Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16775 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16775 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Stirling
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.