The course builds upon the solid foundations of undergraduate courses including Digital Arts, Fine Arts, Sound Design, Film, Television, VFX, Animation, Graphic Design and Media and Communications. It aims to help you with creative projects that highlight the importance of practice-based research, expertise and experimentation.
What you should know about this course
The course prepares you to develop complex and creative projects that prioritise practice-based research and experimentation.
It’s designed for those looking to further cultivate their creative skills and develop their personal specialism through a diverse range of art practices.
You’ll expand your practice using state-of-the-art facilities and equipment including TV and sound studios, computer labs, 3D printers, laser cutters, digital printers, and projectors.
It challenges you to develop unique practices and methodologies with the ability to discuss, theorize and contextualise personal work.
You’ll gain the necessary skills to emerge as an independent artist or enter a wide range of creative businesses and organisations within leading-edge digital technologies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Expanded Art Forms
- Aesthetics and Practice
- Major Project (Digital Arts)
- Research Methods in a Cultural Context
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Liberal Arts View 263 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You should have an undergraduate degree at 2:1 or above in a relevant subject.
- You may also be considered if you have a good honours degree in an area other than art and design, but you will need to present evidence of substantial work within the art and design field and an aptitude for working at Master's level.
- We may also consider applicants without standard qualifications but with extensive and appropriate work experience.
- You will need to submit a digital portfolio of your work and provide a personal statement and academic/professional references indicating your suitability for the course. You should also consider areas of interest that you could explore during your studies, prior to attending an interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time (per 30 credits) Home £1,500
Living costs for City of London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.