Public Health from Stony Brook University mission is achieved through the application of health promotion and disease prevention technologies and interventions designed to improve and enhance quality of life.
Students at Public Health from Stony Brook University will know about:
- Assessment and monitoring of the health of communities and populations at risk to identify health problems and priorities;
- Formulating public policies, in collaboration with community and government leaders, designed to solve identified local and national health problems and priorities;
- Assuring that all populations have access to appropriate and cost effective care, including health promotion and disease prevention services, and the evaluation of the effectiveness of that care.
- Contemporary Issues in Public Health
- Research Process
- Surveillance & Control of Infectious Diseases
- Topics in Population Health Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Public Health Health Sciences View 1147 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 GPA or better.
- Admitted students usually have GPAs that are higher than 3.0.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools.
- Three references from persons who can address the applicant's capacity to provide leadership in public health and complete a course of graduate study.
- One essay is required for the application.
- International applicants who trained in non-English speaking schools and do not reside in an English speaking country are required to take either the TOEFL or IELTS exam.
International25626 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12813 USD per semester during 12 months.
National25626 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12813 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State13836 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6918 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.