Practical experience is integrated with all pedagogy coursework through the Lamont Piano Preparatory Program, a newly established piano teaching laboratory sponsored by the Lamont School of Music. The Lamont Piano Preparatory Program provides the unique opportunity for supervised teaching experience in both group and individual lesson settings while using a comprehensive and nationally respected curriculum. Faculty feedback and video recording provide individualized mentoring for maximum professional growth.
Students applying to the M.M. in Piano Pedagogy program at the Lamont School of Music must perform an audition for the graduate M.M. in Piano. In addition, applicants will need to submit a 20-minute video of their teaching, submit a sample research paper related to music education/pedagogy (as from undergraduate work) and interview with the piano pedagogy faculty.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Elementary Piano Pedagogy I
- Current Trends in Piano Pedagogy
- Intermediate Piano Pedagogy I
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMusic View 976 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applications for graduate programs at Lamont must be submitted online .A $65 non-refundable application fee is required for an application to be processed.
- Applicants must submit proof of earning the equivalent of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution prior to beginning graduate coursework at DU.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required for MA applicants only.
- A personal statement of at least 300 words is required.
- Two (2) letters should be solicited and uploaded by recommenders through the online application system.
- The resume should be submitted via upload through the online application process.
International1372 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1372 USD per credit and a duration of .
National1372 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1372 USD per credit and a duration of .
- per SCH
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.