What's covered in the course?
The accounting and financial management specialism of the course enables progression into a career requiring accounting and/or financial management and offers a conversion route for non-accounting graduates.Accounting and Financial Management - MSc is provided by of Birmingham City University.
As a highly flexible course, the MSc Accounting and Financial Management allows you to customise your pathway, selecting from a variety of modules in a range of disciplines to enable you to specialise in areas of most interest and relevance for your chosen career path. You’ll be fully supported in making informed decisions about the modules you take.
You’ll develop your teamwork, IT, analytical and presentation skills whilst boosting your commercial acumen and awareness as you progress through this course which has employability at its heart and aims to equip you with the skills required of a demanding postgraduate role.
Why Choose Us?
- This course is a conversion course aimed at graduates with non-accounting related degrees. It will allow you to gain skills in accounting and finance related disciplines to complement your existing qualifications.
- Your course will prepare and equip you for a career in accountancy, finance, management or business by relating your studies to the latest research led developments in business. Your studies will make use of the latest business software applications that will provide you with opportunities to gain experience and develop workplace skills
- You’ll be fully immersed in a range of case studies as you progress through the programme and you’ll consider both internal and external stakeholders in the decisions you make and the advice you provide
- Your programme will provide you with an opportunity to apply your developing knowledge and skills in workplace scenarios. You’ll work on real world case studies acting in postgraduate level roles gaining experience of the workplace environment. Additionally you’ll have the option of working on live business scenarios for actual clients.
As a conversion course, the MSc Accounting and Financial Management is designed to further add to your existing set of skills. This gives you the opportunity to stand out from the crowd with skills that may be uncommon in your chosen profession.
The skills you learn aren't just theoretical either - you'll graduate with hands-on skills that you can put to use straight away in your career. In particular, the course offers opportunities to work with charity organisations, a booming sector with a wide range of career paths.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Managerial Finance
- Project and Relationship Management
- Audit Theory and Practice
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- International Financial Strategy
- Governance and Ethics
- Global Finance
- Islamic Social Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications will be considered at any time up until the course start date
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 719 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
A first or second class degree from a UK institution (Or equivalent international qualification).
OR ACCA Papers F1-9 / CIMA Operational and Management Levels (or equivalent).
OR A full professional accountancy qualification (APEL may be available).
OR A pre-Master’s programme approved by Birmingham City University
International12800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.