Graduates of the Engineering Management program from University at Buffalo, The State University of New York School of Engineering and Applied Sciences are able to apply best practices and engineering approaches to make strategic decisions and shape policies about personnel, finance and operations.
The employment demand for engineering management is accelerating as many companies are looking to fill leadership positions to counteract the retirements of long time experienced workers. Graduates with masters degrees in engineering management are reportedly receiving among some of the highest salary increases in the country. Specifically, salaries for engineering managers are likely to be significantly higher than the salaries of engineers with several years of experience or specialized disciplines based bachelors and masters degrees alone.
In fact, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that students with a Bachelor's and Master's degrees in engineering have some of the highest salaries in the country coupled with a high job satisfaction rates.
Our graduates go on to develop skills in mathematics, the sciences, communications, and humanities. Therefore, our masters of engineering management degree and concentration qualifies professionals for a diverse array of jobs, including:
- Engineering Project Manager - has direct authority over the actions of everyone on the work site. A combination of engineering knowledge and business acumen is essential.
- Senior Lead Analyst - this specialist ensures that engineering teams reach the most efficient outcomes on their assigned tasks.
- Cost Systems Analyst - a combination of financial management knowledge and engineering skills is necessary for this position. These individuals have a direct impact on the bottom line of large-scale projects.
- Construction Management Engineer - a construction management engineer has authority over the planning and building of a wide variety of structures in the construction industry. Issues he or she deals with daily would include: manpower, materials, and machines.
- Industrial Management Engineer - This specialist ensures that industrial emissions are moving safely through the production system.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Engineering Management I: Leadership Principles Put to Practice
- Principles of Engineering Management II: The Economics of Decision Making
- Production Planning and Control: Operations Management Strategies that Work
- Quality Assurance: Management Tools that Ensure Success
- Case Studies in Engineering Management: Best Practice and Pitfalls to Avoid
- Technical Communication: Corresponding in a Global Society
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
We accept applications on a rolling basis throughout the year.
DisciplinesEngineering Management View 342 other Masters in Engineering Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University at Buffalo SUNY - School of Engineering and Applied Sciences and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A baccalaureate degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physical sciences or a related field. Applicants with non-engineering degrees are welcome to apply and will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Some practical engineering experience (formal job or projects) is recommended but not required.
- All applications are reviewed based on the cutting edge Mastermind Europe “best-fit” philosophy examining each applicant’s abilities on an individual long term “potential” basis.
- The GRE is NOT required.
- The $85 application fees for the fully online program will be waived for a limited time. However, completed applications are encouraged by July 15th.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
In support of the University at Buffalo’s PhD Excellence Initiative, the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences offers competitive, elite fellowship packages designed to attract the best and brightest scholars in the world.The Presidential Fellowship offers outstanding prospective graduate students an elite fellowship package to the top 10% incoming enrolled doctoral students each academic year. This competitive package pays a stipend of up to $43,000 USD per year for up to 4 years and includes summer support. This award also includes a full tuition waiver of $11,310 USD for New York State Residents and $23,100 USD for Non-Residents bringing the total package of support to $54,310-$66,100 dollars per year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.