Typically these are people who are currently working and providing direct services in the field to persons with chronic illness, disability, and/or mental health issues.
The Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling: Working Professionals Program at Illinois Institute of Technology is designed so you can graduate in three-years while maintaining full-time employment. Many courses are offered in the evening and via distance education, and the required fieldwork experiences are often completed (with approval) at your qualifying place of employment.
The typical Illinois Tech working professional student has a desire to learn more about state-of-the-art research and evidence-based practices in rehabilitation and mental health counseling.
- Licensure and certification are important for working professionals and their career advancement. As an Illinois Tech Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling graduate, you will be eligible to become a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC), a distinguished certification recognized nationwide.
- You will also be eligible for counseling licensure as a Professional Counselor and a Clinical professional Counselor within the state of Illinois. Illinois accepts the CRC examination as a qualifying professional counselor licensure exam.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Counselling View 893 other Masters in Counselling in United States
Illinois Tech requires a four-year bachelor’s degree conferred with a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0/4.0 (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution for regular admission.
- Academic requirements: GPA of at least 3.0.
- GMAT or GRE is required: GRE/GMAT is required, apart from Master of Public Administration.
- Personal Statement required
- Letter of Recommendation is suggested, but not required
International1530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1530 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1530 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
$1,530-$1,725 per credit, most programs require 30 credits.
- When choosing a college, it’s important to consider not just the cost of the education, but also its long-term value. Attending IIT is an enriching experience that creates opportunities for your future, whether in undergraduate/graduate study, the workplace, or daily life. As well there are opportunities to receive
- At IIT, more than 97 percent of students receive some type of financial aid, whether it be need-based, merit-based, or both. There are also scholarship opportunities that can cover most of your college expenses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.