Objectives of the Electromechanical Engineering - Electrical Power Engineering programme at Ghent University
The world of electromechanical engineering encompasses development, design, manufacturing, testing and control of tools, machines, vehicles and other electrical or mechanical systems, as well as research on these topics. The Master of Science in Electromechanical Engineering is a two-year degree programme intended to prepare students for a future technical leadership role in industry. The programme offers in-depth training in all aspects of electromechanical engineering and its economic and social implications based on a profound scientific basis.
Graduates will have acquired an attitude of scientific synthesis, analytical reasoning as well as scientific and technical independency. Training in research skills provides mastery in developing, implementing and monitoring technical and scientific innovations.
Masters in Electromechanical Engineering graduating from one of the five main subjects are employed in all branches of industry. Both in government agencies and private companies their field of activity is broadly varied: electrical energy production and distribution, electrical and mechanical equipment manufacturing, metal industry, building construction, transport, consultancy, banking and insurance.
- Controlled Electrical Drives
- Displacement Pumps, Compressors and IC Engine Fundamentals
- ICT and Mechatronics
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Manufacturing Planning and Control
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering View 16 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students who wish to enrol for the Master of Science in Electromechanical Engineering can enter the programme without any prerequisites if they hold the following diploma: an academic diploma of Bachelor (or Master) of Science in Engineering (university level, minimum three years), with the main subject in Electromechanical Engineering or an equivalent to this.
- Admission can only be granted after an individual application procedure. The Study Programme Committee will make the final decision whether to accept the application or not. The Study Programme Committee can decide that students need to follow a preparatory course or an individual Master’s programme, for instance for students who hold another diploma of Bachelor or Master.
International5744 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5744 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA962 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 962 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.