As a student at Ghent University's Bioinformatics - Bioscience Engineering you will become an interdisciplinary scientist or engineer who can develop or use state-of-the art statistical and computer science techniques to mine molecular data in order to answer fundamental or applied biological and biomedical questions. Ghent University offers an interfaculty Master of Science in Bioinformatics programme, which - depending on the chosen track - can result in an Engineering or Bioscience Engineering degree.
- offers a track tuned toward your specific interests and background that prepares you for different job profiles in the bioinformatics domain (respectively bioinformatics scientist and bioinformatics engineer);
- offers both theoretical deepening and data analytical/ problem solving skills;
- is embedded in a strong bioinformatics and biotechnology research environment, located at the Faculty of Sciences, Medicine, Bioscience Engineering and Engineering and Architecture and is affiliated with the VIB and IMEC.
Labour MarketTechnological advances have turned biology in a data-driven science. The avalanche of molecular data enables key discoveries in biology, ecology and molecular evolution, drives innovation in biotech and pharma industry and supports medical and governmental decision making. However, the power of using these data for innovation depends on interdisciplinary skills to analyse, integrate and interpret the data.
- Statistical Genomics
- Applied High-throughput Analysis
- Genome Biology
- Systems Biology
- Integrative Biology
- Design Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Informatics & Information Technology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 7 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Diploma equivalence of international bachelor's degree students will be checked by the OC on the base of their individual dossier.
International1862 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1862 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA962 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 962 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.