Ghent University's Marine Biological Resources (IMBRSea) program takes the strengths from the previous International Master of Science in Marine Biodiversity and Conservation (EMBC+), and prepares students for the rapidly evolving demands of the blue bio-economy and research on the sustainable use of marine biological resources.
The Marine Biological Resources (IMBRSea) at Ghent University will prepare you for a broad range of careers from academic marine research to working within industry, governmental or non-governmental organisations. Potential roles include:
- Fisheries biologist
- Marine consultant
- Ocean and coastal policy coordinator
- Contract scientific diver
- Marine biologist
- Marine park manager
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Understanding the structure and function of marine biodiversity
- Toolbox for investigating marine biodiversity
- Conservation and restoration of marine biodiversity
- Transferable skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Biodiversity & Conservation Marine Studies View 13 other Masters in Marine Studies in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A prerequisite for admission is that applicants have a Bachelor (or Master) degree in biology, ecology, environmental sciences, oceanography, marine sciences, (bio)chemistry, biotechnology, geography, geology, veterinary medicine or other equivalent degrees with minimum 180 credits at the latest before September 1st of the academic year you start the IMBRSea programme.
International4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.