This Post Compulsory Education programme offered by the University of Wolverhampton is designed to meet the ETF Professional standards and has at its heart a model of Critical Reflective Practice that facilitates an ongoing professional dialogue between student, mentor and tutor.
What happens on the course?
Our PCE teacher training programmes seek to prepare student teachers to develop the knowledge, skills and personal qualities required of a professional teacher in the post compulsory sector.
You'll also be placed in a lifelong learning setting for two days per week and two days will be based at the University. You'll also go on two block placements during the year – where you are supported and supervised by college teacher mentors, as well as by a University Personal Tutor whom you meet on a weekly basis.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Working in the Post Compulsory Sector
- Constructing Self and Identity
- Contextualised Study
- Reflecting on Self and Identity
- Personal and Professional Development
- Politics, Policy and Practice
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Direct applications can be made any time prior to the course start date but we will need sufficient time to process it.
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Cognitive Sciences View 126 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United Kingdom
- To hold a honours degree (normally 2:2 or above) of a United Kingdom higher education institution or equivalent qualification in a subject related to the area you wish to teachwith vocational / professional experience considered carefully in each individual circumstance.
- To have achieved grade C/4 or above in GCSEs English and Mathematics, or equivalent qualifications.
- GCSE Equivalent Tests from other institutions or organisations and be aware that not all equivalency tests are accepted.
- GCSE Short Courses in any subject do not meet the GCSE requirement
International12250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12250 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- Home/EU: £3050 per year
- International: £6125 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.