The Marine Technology MSc course offered by the University of Southampton is run by a consortium of four UK universities recognised for their excellence in marine technology education and research: Newcastle, Strathclyde, Southampton and University College London. Normally all students are in full-time, marine-sectored employment.
You will be able to provide the necessary leadership and vision to maintain and enhance the industry’s knowledge base and improve competitiveness. Please note that this degree is awarded by Newcastle University.
- The course will provide you with advanced technical and managerial techniques that can be applied in the marine industry and enable you to take on major responsibility early in your career. Please note that this degree is awarded by Newcastle University.
- There are eight streams: Classification and Survey; Conversion and Repair; Defence; General stream; Marine Engineering; Naval Architecture; Offshore Marine Renewable Engineering; and Small Craft Design.
- Naval Architecture
- Marine Engineering
- Maritime Economics
- Marine Project Management
- Risk, Reliability and Safety
- Structural and Material Response to the Marine Environment
- Advanced Structural Design and Analysis
- Advanced Marine Engineering Design
- Marine Systems Identification and Control
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesProject Management Risk Management Marine Engineering View 61 other Masters in Marine Engineering in United Kingdom
- You'll need a 2:2 degree in marine technology or a relevant engineering subject.
International12700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12700 GBP per year during 24 months.
National4625 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4625 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU and international students pay £12,700.
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.