The International Oil and Gas Management MSc at University of Dundee will help you understand the multiple and complex challenges facing the energy industry, such as decarbonisation, wide scale digitisation, and decentralisation.
You will learn the practical and professional skills you need to manage complex commercial and financial transactions in the international workplace. You'll become competent in the design and implementation of alternative courses of action in the oil and gas industry.
You will learn to analyse, synthesise, and articulate concepts and practices relevant to the energy industry. You will understand the fundamental drivers of various energy markets, such as oil, gas. You'll acquire foundational and contextual knowledge and skills in management, through classroom and work-based learning, and coaching from specialist academics or senior industry professionals.
Our alumni have gone on to work in areas such as, international or national energy companies, finance, consulting, and government, or non-government organisations
Some notable examples include:
- Phillips 66
- IHS Markit
- Wood Mackenzie
- Black Rock
- Petroleum Policy and Economics
- Financial and Project Analysis of Natural Resources and Energy Ventures
- Managing People and Organisations
- Strategic Management & Organisational Analysis
- Downstream Energy Law and Policy
- Sustainability and the Just Transition for the Mining Sector
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Mining, Oil & Gas Natural Resource Management View 62 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Dundee and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An honours degree in Business Studies, Finance, Accountancy, Economics, Law, Geology, Petroleum, or Mining Engineering at lower second class or above
- Consideration will also be given to applicants with other academic backgrounds who explain clearly their motivation for undertaking the relevant MSc in Management, outlining any relevant work experience
International20900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8765 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8765 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.