Biomedical Sciences - Physiology and Biophysics from Stony Brook University aims to instruct students in the use of quantitative methods to study complex physiological problems of relevance to human health and disease.
Students from our program have gone on to careers in academic and industrial research, government service and law.
- Systems Physiology
- Cellular Physiology and Biophysics
- Statistical Analysis of Physiological Data
- Model Based Analysis of Physiological Data
- Experimental Techniques in Systems Physiology
- Student Journal Club
- Seminar in Physiology and Biophysics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
The M.S. has a rolling admission until all available seats are filled (or until the first day of August).
DisciplinesMedical Imaging Physiology View 36 other Masters in Medical Imaging in United States
- A bachelor’s degree with a major in biological sciences (or related field) or post-baccalaureate degree including all premedical requirements; including an undergraduate biochemistry course
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 from undergraduate or post-baccalaureate degree coursework;
- Three letters of recommendation (with one provided by a professor of science coursework)
- A complete transcript of undergraduate studies
- Evidence of a good command of English via TOEFL scores (for applicants whose first or native language is not English or have not attended university within the U.S.)
- Acceptance by both the Department of Physiology and Biophysics and the Graduate School
International25626 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12813 USD per semester during 12 months.
National25626 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12813 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State13836 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6918 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.