Establish a career with any of the world’s most affluent financial institutions, government regulators, or in academia. Your particular interest in the more quantitative aspects of the subject, and the emphasis that the Finance and Econometrics MSc course offered by the University of Southampton puts on small-group teaching and student interaction with the department’s leading experts will take you to the frontiers of finance and econometric analysis.
You can expect to enjoy predominantly small-group teaching and a considerable degree of individual attention from members of staff. MSc students are strongly encouraged to attend our seminars and research workshops. Our MSc students usually form a lively and cohesive group which plays an active role in the Division's academic and social life.
- The graduate programmes are structured to provide students with research and vocational training of the highest standard. The research-training programmes are recognised by the ESRC.
- You can expect to enjoy predominantly small-group teaching, and a considerable degree of individual attention from members of staff. MSc students are strongly encouraged to attend seminars and research workshops in the Department. The MSc students usually form a lively and cohesive group which plays an active role in the academic and social life of the Department.
- Economic Analysis
- Financial Economics and Asset Pricing
- Preliminary Mathematics and Statistics
- Panel Data and Microeconometrics
- Time Series Econometrics
- Labour Economics
- Industrial Economics
- International Trade
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 573 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
- You’ll need a 2:1 degree in a relevant subject such as maths, economics, statistics, quantitative techniques or finance.
International25000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU and international students pay £25,000.
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.