The Mathematics and Statistics program of University of Victoria, British Columbia includes areas of research interest and good connections with the faculty members who oversee your academic work.
We emphasize the following areas (in alphabetical order):
- Applied math - mathematical physics, differential equations, climate modeling, geophysical fluid dynamics, mathematical biology
- Discrete math - graph theory, algorithms and complexity, combinatorial designs
- Pure math - operator algebras, operator theory, functional analysis, dynamical systems, number theory, topology
- Statistics - biostatistics, mathematical statistics, Bayesian statistics
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graph Theory
- Real Analysis
- Scientific Computing
- Applied Stochastic Models
- Time Series Analysis
- Distribution Free Statistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 35 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Canada
- Personal Statement
- Minimum of 2 Assessment Reports
- Language Proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL or MELAB)
- Proof of Degree
- Any other documents you think will support your application. i.e. GRE scores, Certificates, Papers written etc.
International6499 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6499 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5182 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5182 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.