Why choose this program?
- The Philosophy program of Virginia Tech provides a broad grounding in metaphysics and epistemology, theory of value, and the history of philosophy. Our program also has a traditional and ongoing strength in the history and philosophy of science.In addition to the Philosophy M.A., we participate in Ph.D. programs in Science, Technology and Society (which offers a philosophy track), and in the Alliance for Social, Political, Ethical, and Cultural Thought.
- Topics in the History of Philosophy
- Intermediate Philosophy of Mind
- Intermediate Metaphysics
- Intermediate Epistemology
- History of Ethics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Liberal Arts View 826 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- GRE Required
- TOEFL/ IELTS (For all non-U.S. citizens or non-U.S. permanent residents)
- Scanned copy of your college transcripts with your online application, then arrange for an official copy to be sent to us after you receive an offer of admission
- Three letters of recommendation
- Ideally, a writing sample should be an undergraduate paper of about 15 pages, preferably from a philosophy course
- A letter of interest (250-500 words) is required by the Department of Philosophy along with your latest Curriculum Vitae
International18942 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9471 USD per semester during 12 months.
National18942 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9471 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State9398 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4699 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Blacksburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.